Sacramental Preparation and Sacraments are available
for all St. Joseph Parish children.
Parents of Catholic School Children must submit a Sacramental Registration Form to enroll children.
First Eucharist & Reconciliation (all children)
If registering a child for the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist, generally grade two, a child of Saint Joseph Parish must have completed level one and have the appropriate catechetical background and understanding of the sacrament. Additionally, if baptized outside of St. Joseph, you must supply a copy of their baptismal certificate.
Please Note: We currently have 2 Eucharist Preparation Program approaches.
*** Children Enrolled in PREP or Catholic School***
***Children Enrolled in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd***
Details for each Eucharist Preparation Program are outlined below in their respective sections.
***Preparation For Children Enrolled in PREP or Catholic School:
Those enrolled in this program will require child participation in two 4 hour Saturday morning retreats and Sunday afternoon practices for both sacraments in addition to the Sacrament date itself.
Parent Meeting – October 22, 2:00 – 3:00 PM, Trailer 3
Reconciliation – 01/11/24 7:00 pm
First Eucharist – 05/04/24 11:00 am
- 2023-24 First Eucharist Calendar
- Encounter With Christ – Parent/Child Resources
- Link for Formed* – Forgiven Series –
- “For Children: How to Make a Great Confession”
- “For Parents: Preparing Your Child for First Confession”
- Link for Formed* – Presence Series – “For Children: The Miracle at Every Mass”
- Mass – My Missal
- Picture Form (optional)
*To access Formed – Go to formed.org and click SIGN UP-Click OPTION 3 (I Belong To A Parish Organization). Find our Parish in the SEARCH BAR-Enter your name and e-mail address.
***Preparation For Children Enrolled in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd:
Those enrolled in CGS participate in a five-part parent and child meditation series and a multi-day retreat prior to receiving First Reconciliation and Eucharist. The 2023–2024 dates are as follows:
|First Communion Parent Info Mtg:||Sunday, October 15 7PM ZOOM|
|Intention Mass:||Tuesday, November 21 5:30PM|
|Meditation Series:||The following Sundays, 4:30–5:30PM at the church:|
|True Vine 1||February 11|
|True Vine 2||February 25|
|Found Coin/Found Sheep||March 10|
|Loving Father||March 17|
|Centurion’s Servant||April 7|
|Snow Date April 14|
First Reconciliation/Communion Practice
|Tuesday, April 23, 4:30–6:20PM|
|CGS Retreat:||Day 1: Thursday, April 25, 4:30–6:30PM|
|Day 2: Friday, April 26, 4:00–7:00PM|
|CGS First Reconciliation:||Friday, April 26, 7:00PM|
|CGS First Communion:||Saturday, April 27|
- Picture Form (optional)
Confirmation (2 year program begins grade 6):
To be eligible for the Sacrament of Confirmation, children of Saint Joseph parish should be at least in grade six and have the appropriate catechetical background and understanding of their Catholic faith and of the sacrament.
- YEAR 1 of the program will be a comprehensive introduction to the essentials and key teachings of the four pillars of the Catholic faith. Classes will be every other Sunday morning 8:45 – 10:35 AM.
- YEAR 2 continues study in Catholic tradition, Scripture, works of mercy, ways to more fully participate in the life of the church, develop their own spirituality, and prepare to celebrate the Rite of Confirmation. It will require 2 student/parent meetings, a minimum of 20 hours of volunteer/service time, a Saturday retreat, an evening reconciliation, a Sunday afternoon practice for the sacrament in addition to the sacrament itself. Catholic School children are also required to complete an at home or in PREP Class Confirmation study program. Additional forms will be available at the first parent meeting. Classes will be every other Sunday evening 6:00 – 7:30 PM for the 2023-24 school year.
- Confirmation Calendar
- Year 2 Study Guide
- Required Confirmation Forms
- 2023/2024 All Forms
- INDIVIDUAL FORMS
Parent & Confirmand Meetings Confirmation Retreat
September 17, 2023 6:00 pm* November 4, 2023 8:15 – 3:15
January 21, 2024 6:00 pm*
Study Sessions in the Narthex Confirmation Interviews
April 21 and May 5-2:30 pm, April 28-6:00 pm March 16, 2024 10 or 10:30 (sign up required)
Reconciliation Service Confirmation Practice
May 9, 2024 7:00 pm May 13, 2024 6:00 pm
May 16, 2024 6:30 PM – Most Reverend TBD
*sign up for service projects