Welcome to St. Joseph’s Children’s Faith Formation
If you have questions, please contact us:
Andrea Jackowski, Director of Religious Education
Anne Pulsifer, CGS Coordinator
Michele Mast, Religious Education Assistant
2023 Christmas Pageant
On Friday, December 22 the children of St. Joseph Parish will be presenting the 2023 Christmas Pageant at 7:00 pm. PREP Levels 1-3 are required to participate in this event including practices. All other children are welcome to participate as well.
The first practice will be on Sunday, November 26 at 2:00 in the church. The next practices will be on Sunday, December 3, 10 and 17 each at 2:00 in the Church. A dress rehearsal will be on Thursday, December 21 at 6:00 PM.
We are once again looking for any musicians to assist with the music and older children to help with dressing, serving, etc.
Any questions/comments please contact me at 610-850-4228.
St. Joseph Children’s Faith Formation
Our faith teaches us that parents are the primary educators of their children. This refers to not only academics, but also lessons in faith and life. Parents provide the most concrete, everyday model and witness to their children in demonstrating how to be not only successful laborers of the world, but more importantly, how to be committed, virtuous followers of the Lord. With that in mind, we strongly encourage parents to enroll children in our Faith Formation programs so that they can be provided with a valuable opportunity to learn the Catholic faith, prepare for the sacraments, and form new friendships. We ask that as your children progress through their formation, you, as parents, will take a leading role as their daily catechists and models of faith throughout the entire week. This leadership role includes discussing their work each week with your children, teaching your children how and why to pray, bringing your children to Mass, and showing your children how to practice the Commandments in daily life. Without this parental witness and guidance, our efforts in the faith formation programs would not be successful.
St. Joseph Church provides families with several options for the Faith Formation of their children depending on the age and needs of the child. In addition, Sacramental preparation is provided for all children of the parish whether enrolled in public or Catholic school.
The following options are provided:
- Parish Religions Education Program (PREP) Offerings
- Children in grades 1 through 5 may enroll in our classroom based program
- Children in grades 6, 7 and above should enroll in our 2 year Confirmation Program
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) Offerings
- All children ages 3—5 (pre-K and Kindergarten) are encouraged to enroll in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) Level I
- Children in grades 1 through 3 may enroll in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) Level II
- Children in grades 4 through 6 may enroll in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) Level III
- Catholic School children may also enroll in CGS to further their faith formation experience
RCIC is for Children in Grades 4 and above who have gaps in or are just starting their faith formation and is tailored to the child’s specific needs. These classes will be scheduled based on enrollment. Please contact Parish office.